What does CapStar do with your personal information?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and account balances
- Assets and income
- Payment history and credit history
When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
All financial companies need to share customers' personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers' personal information; the reasons CapStar Bank chooses to share and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
For our everyday business purpose - Such as to process your transaction, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report of credit bureaus.
For our marketing purposes - to offer our products and services to you.
For joint marketing with other financial companies
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your transactions and experiences.
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes - information about your creditworthiness.
For nonaffiliates to market to you
Call 1-866-695-0887 or go to capstarbank.com.
What We Do
How does CapStar Bank protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
How does CapStar Bank collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or deposit money
- Apply for a loan or use your credit or debit card
- Pay your bills
We also collect your personal information from others, such as credit bureaus, affiliates or other companies.
Why can't I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- Sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes--information about your creditworthiness
- Afilliates from using your information to market to you
- Sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State law and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- CapStar Bank has no affiliates.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- CapStar Bank does not share with nonaffiliates so they can market to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Our joint marketing partners include other banks, credit card companies, mortgage companies, insurance companies, investment companies, trust companies and market research firms.